Sinus infections and their symptoms can control your daily life. The nasal drip, headaches, congestion, and pain make it difficult to focus on the things that are most important to you. As you suffer in pain you also lose quality time with your friends and family and it is difficult to manage work, hobbies, and other important commitments. It’s time to take back control of your life with a sinus infection treatment plan from Allergies Answered.
What is sinusitis
Sinus cavities are the air-filled spaces that surround the eyes and nose. These areas often go unnoticed, but they play a critical role in the body’s ability to breathe, speak, and sing. They also manage the air that you breathe by regulating humidity and temperature.
Mucus produced in the sinus cavities plays an important role in disease prevention. This mucus traps foreign substances such as dust, mold, bacteria, or viruses and drains them through the body. This natural process protects the body from sickness, infection, and disease. However, there are times when the body responds to foreign substances with swelling and inflammation that may block this natural flow and trigger an infection of the sinus cavity. Sinus infections can also be triggered by allergies, colds, nasal polyps, deviated septum, or other physical conditions.
Each person’s body responds to a sinus infection in unique ways. Your reaction will depend on your overall health, other medical conditions, specific allergies, and the presence of a related illness such as a cold, flu, or virus. Sinus infections are an inconvenience that can quickly escalate into a serious medical condition and impact your overall health.
You’re tired of suffering
The professionals at Allergies Answered provide each patient with a customized treatment plan that is unique to your needs and fully addresses your situation. Here are some common treatment options to address your chronic sinus infections and prevent additional health problems.
If you are not sure what to do for a sinus infection, then you are not alone. Many people who suffer from these infections needlessly struggle with the painful symptoms and never seek professional help. Too often, sinus sufferers search the confusing other-the-counter aisle and take medications that do not work or are designed to treat symptoms they don’t have. The good news is that the professionals at Allergies Answered can help you look past temporary symptom control to achieve lasting solutions for your sinus infection problems.
Home Remedies for Sinus Infections
Natural treatments for mild and infrequent sinus infections can be an effective tool in any sinus infection treatment plan. There are home remedies for sinus pressure, sinus headaches, and other symptoms. If your sinus infection is mild, then you should consider these natural remedies. It is important to consult with your doctor before seeking any treatment, including natural solutions. When done incorrectly, even natural treatments can cause major damage and, in some cases, make sinus infections worse.
- Water Intake: It may seem simple but drinking plenty of water is an important part of sinus infection prevention and treatment. The body cannot produce and drain mucus efficiently if it is not hydrated.
- Mist & Steam: Humidifiers and misting machines can help promote natural drainage, improve breathing, and help manage other sinus symptoms. These machines must always be used as directed to avoid harm.
- Sinus Rinse & Neti Pot: Sinus rinses and neti pots have become some of the most popular home remedies for allergies and sinus infections. They use a saline solution to rinse, drain, and clean the sinuses. When used incorrectly, they have the potential to cause major damage to the sinuses along with other medical problems. It is important to consult your doctor before using a neti pot or sinus rinse.
Sinus Infection Medications
Sinus medications are sometimes an effective tool that can help quickly manage symptoms and control infection. Modern science has produced a wide variety of medications that work in various ways to directly reduce infections, treat symptoms, or restore sinus drainage. Some of the most common medications include:
- Antibiotics: Proper antibiotic use can be an effective short-term solution for sinus infections that are caused by bacteria. Antibiotics help the body’s natural immune system by directly attacking the bacteria and helping it fight off infection. Often the body can fight off infection naturally, but for severe or long-lasting infections, antibiotics may be necessary. It is important to remember that antibiotics are not a long-term solution for frequent sinus infections.
- Nasal Decongestants: Proper use of decongestants can help prevent and treat the symptoms of a sinus infection. They work by reducing inflammation and allowing the body to drain mucus naturally. Decongestants can be taken in a pill, liquid, or nasal spray solution. These are effective short-term tools that should only be taken under a doctor’s supervision.
- Nasal Corticosteroids: These medications come in a pill or spray and help reduce swelling. Unlike decongestants, these are sometimes used as part of a long-term treatment plan to manage symptoms and prevent infections.
Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
For sinus infections that are caused by a physical abnormality in the nose or sinus area, traditional sinus surgery is an effective long-term solution. Conditions that may require sinus surgery include:
- Deviated Septum: The septum is the thin cartilage that divides the nasal passage. When the septum is out of place, it can contribute to increased sinus infections.
- Nasal Polyps: Soft tissue growths inside the nose can increase the likelihood of sinus infections.
- Closed Nasal Passage: These result from issues such as bone or tissue blocking the nasal passage.
Traditional sinus surgery is an invasive solution and involves cutting and removing tissue or bone. Surgery is usually performed in a hospital or surgical center under full anesthesia and may take weeks or months for a full recovery.
Find lasting relief with Balloon Sinuplasty
One of the most popular and effective modern treatments for sinus infection is known as Balloon Sinuplasty. This minimally invasive procedure is cost-effective, has a very quick recovery, and results in long-term relief. With Sinuplasty, you can avoid surgery, reduce the use of medication, and take control of your sinus infection symptoms. Since 2005, more than a half-million patients have discovered the benefits of Sinuplasty with a 95% success rate and astounding safety record.
Sinuplasty can be done in the safety and comfort of the doctor’s office. This safe and effective procedure involves using a tiny balloon to gently open the blocked sinus cavity. Once the blockage is opened, the sinus can be cleaned and natural mucus flow is restored. It takes less than an hour and allows you to quickly get back to your daily life. You will experience dramatic symptom relief with this innovative treatment solution from Allergies Answered.